Defy Southern California was founded in 2016. Defy SoCal now serves six state prisons, two transitional facilities, and has a growing post-release program. To join us at an in-prison or post-release event, visit our events page and click on the links for Southern California!
Defy SoCal prisons: Avenal State Prison (ASP), California City Correctional Facility (CAC), California Institution for Women (CIW), California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC), Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP), and Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility (RJD).
Local Board Members
Defy Ventures Los Angeles Board
- Kerry Bennett (chair) – Head of Marketing, Upfront Ventures
- Tatiana Becker – Owner, NIAH Recruiting
- Alex Israel – Mobility Entrepreneur
- Nnamdi Dillon Iwu – Director of Government Affairs, American Investment Council (AIC)
- Jeremy Kerbel – Managing Partner, ChainX Capital
- Susan Napier – Vice President, Goldman Sachs
- Tom Shieh – CEO, Crimcheck
- Mike Su – Director, Yellow Content Accelerator at Snap
Defy Ventures San Diego Board
- Kelly Abbott – CTO, Tablecloth
- Mark Bowles – Entrepreneur
- Erin Dimry – Chief Business Development Officer, DLA Piper
- Timothy Jackson* – Founder and CEO, Quality Touch Cleaning Systems
Your tax-deductible donation supports
Defy SoCal's programs and EITs.
If you'd like to donate via check or stock,
please click here for more information